There’s a belief that using the water from boiled rice has immense benefits for hair growth. I love to try hair myths so I had to test it. Here’s what I found.
- Very easy to make, you’re basically boiling water and adding rice. Then you take the excess water.
- Low cost, rice is relatively affordable to buy.
- Water in general is a natural moisturizer for natural hair.
- I added Olive oil which adds nutrients to hair.
- Rice is a grain that has an array of benefits. You can read more here
- Supposed to promote hair growth
- No scientific evidence to prove it works
- Possibly a waste of rice unless you make sure to use it after.
- Depends on the type of rice used. I used parboiled rice. However, different types of rice may provide higher or lower benefits.
- May have to use for an extended time to see any possible results. I used it for a month and a half but I will continue to use it.
It doesn’t hurt to try it. So far, I must say since using rice water my curls have been a lot more moisturized. However, that could also be because of the olive oil I added.
I would recommend you try it yourself but be prepared to be dedicated. Rice water is not a method you try once and expect it to instantaneously add growth. Click To Tweet You would have to be patient to see results if any. I will continue to try rice water and hopefully create a new post in a few months with before and after pictures.