Summer is winding down but this drink is not. Every Tuesday, my kids and I started a tradition called Denny Tuesdays, where kids eat free from 4 to 10pm. We go there every Tuesday, set aside all electronics and just have fun engaging in conversations.
One day we went there and I tried the mango lemonade. I couldn’t even think up this combination had it not been for Denny’s. After dinner, I immediately went home and tried to recreate this recipe with real mangoes versus mango syrup, plus I added a few goodies. Here’s my favorite summer lemonade I like to call “Mango Strawberry Lemonade.” Free printable version in my store.
Free Mango Strawberry Printable Recipe
Try this deliciously easy recipe with step by step instructions and pictures.
- 1 Gallon of Cold Water
- 6 Lemons or a lemonade mix (I used Country Time Lemonade)
- 1-2 Large Mangoes or Frozen Mango Chunks (I used a combination of both because I love mangoes)
- 2 1/2 cups white sugar (add more or less to your liking)
- Halved strawberries (as much as needed to delight your taste buds)
- Mint leaves (optional but adds a delightful minty flavor)
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter (optional: used for method 2 in the mango syrup)
- Strainer (optional)
To make the mango syrup
Method 1: The Straightforward Method (Preferable method because it’s easier)
- First blend water and mango chunks
- Then boil this combination adding 1 1/2 cups of sugar on the stovetop for about 5 minutes.
- Next, let cool, then refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- The mixture should then have a syrup like consistency.
Method 2: The Reverse Method (Shown in the YouTube video above but less preferable method because the sugar sticks easier to the pan but all flavors appear to mix better in this method.)
- Add 1 teaspoon unsalted butter to pan.
- Then add 1 1/2 cups of sugar (sugar may crystalize so keep mixing it so it doesn’t stick to the pot.)
- Add mangoes and mix around
- Add 1-2 cups of water
- Boil for 3 minutes
- Pour into blender
- Blend well
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes
Step 1: Pour a little less than a gallon of water into the mug. Keep some water for the mango syrup.
Step 2: Cut the lemons in half then squeeze into the mug or add 1-2 cups of Country Time Lemonade as an alternative to the lemons.
Step 3: Add your second cup of sugar (1 1/2 cups were used for the mango syrup)
Step 4: Add freshly created chilled (not frozen) mango syrup.
Step 5: Add Halved Strawberries (or use mango method to make strawberry syrup before adding)
Step 6: Mix Thoroughly
Step 7: Add Fresh Mint Leaves (optional)
Step 8: Enjoy
If you’ve tried this super simple recipe, I’d love to hear how it worked out for you. Leave a comment below.